(Please Post as a Reminder to Yourself!)
10 REASONS WHY
YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT EVICTIONS!
1) ALWAYS START EVICTIONS IMMEDIATELY. If the tenants need extra time, the court will give it to them.
2) You don't make a profit with evictions. You only cut your losses.
3) You've already supplied the "NEEDY" tenant with free housing. You've done your charity work, give someone else a chance.
4) If the tenant doesn't have a friend or relative to help him out, doesn't that say a lot about the tenant's character.
5) If anyone asks you how you could put someone out on the street, ask them to pay the rent for them and you won't evict them.
6) The tenant has illegally kept possession of your house and is stealing from you. He has stolen your home, stolen utilities, stolen your hard-earned investment and stolen your services. The tenant is a thief. Do you see stores letting your tenant go in and take from them?
7) Letting a tenant stay in your house who is not paying rent is like giving your tenant your charge card or a blank check and telling him, "Feel free to spend it because I really don't care. I like loaning money out interest free, even if I'm not sure I'll get paid back."
8) How would you feel if you worked all week and your employer said I don't have a paycheck for you. Guess what, your tenant has told you that! Do you work for nothing?
9) If you want to give your apartment away or provide free rent, you should be the one who decides who gets it, not your tenant. There are a lot of people more deserving.
10) Your tenant is taking money that stops you from providing for your family needs. And the sad thing is that some tenants live better lifestyles than their landlords. It's easy when the landlords let them live rent free! Picture yourself trying to tell your child that you could not give him or her the item he or she wanted because you had to pay a stranger's rent so the stranger could buy a gift for his child.