DESCRIPTION OF PET(S): (Picture of pet must accompany this addendum)
Type________ Size ______ Weight _____ Color ______ Name_______________
Type________ Size ______ Weight _____ Color ______ Name _______________
Other than any pet listed above and approved by the owner, no other animals of any kind are permitted on the rental premises, (even on a short-term or temporary basis), including dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles, or any other animals. The Owner grants to the resident permission to keep the aforementioned pet in the premises subject to the following terms and conditions, and this becomes part of the rental agreement.
Additional Deposit $_______ Additional Monthly Rent $______ Other Fee __________
- It is mutually agreed between the parties that the resident may keep the pet described above.
- The additional deposit listed above may only be used after the resident has vacated to apply if necessary toward carpet replacement cleaning, spraying of the rental, repair of damages or delinquent rent. This deposit, or portion thereof, will be returned within _____ days once any damages or assessed and it is proven that the pet has vacated the premises.
- The resident agrees to purchase special liability insurance, with a minimal amount of _____________ liability coverage, that would cover injuries or damage that may be caused by the pet. Resident also agrees to list the owner as an "additional insured" on the policy.
- The resident agrees that this agreement is only for the specific pets described above and agrees to not harbor, substitute or "petsit" any other pet and remove any of the pet's offspring within 30 days of birth. Any animal found on the premises other than the pet specified above will be considered a stray and removed at the resident's expense.
- The resident agrees to have an identification tag on pets whenever it is outside the premises.
- The pet shall be on a leash (maximum length of ___feet) or otherwise under resident's control, and not left unattended, when it is outside the resident's unit.
- Please note that the pet(s) is not permitted in the following restricted areas:____________________________.
- The resident agrees to immediately clean up after their pet, both inside and outside the premises and to dispose of any pet waste promptly and properly.
- The resident agrees not to leave food or water for their pet outside their premises , where it may attract other animals.
- The resident agrees to abide by all local, city or state ordinances, licensing and health requirements regarding pets, including vaccinations and other listed concerns __________________________________________.
- Pet shall not cause any sort of nuisance or disturbance to neighbors. Noise, day or night, must not disturb others. The resident agrees to do whatever is necessary to keep their pet from making noise that would cause an annoyance to others and take steps to immediately remedy complaints by neighbors or other residents made to the Owner or management.
- The resident agrees to immediately pay for any damage, loss or expense caused by their pet. Any payment not made for such damage or expense will be considered as additional rent due.
- Failure to comply with the terms of this addendum shall give the owner the right to revoke permission to keep the pet, and is also grounds for immediate termination of the rental agreement and the resident shall be liable for any damages caused by the pet and the deposit shall be applied to said damages.
Resident(s)__________________________________________ Date _________________
Owner/Manger ______________________________________ Date _________________